Liste des questions :

  1. What Is Campus France?
  2. Where can I find information about French Visas?
  3. Can I travel with my long stay visa /short stay visa?
  4. What is the required level of French to apply?
  5. What is the CAF?
  6. How do I apply for accommodation?
  7. What are the visa requirements for international students in France?
  1. 1 - What Is Campus France?

    Campus France is a public establishment that provides foreign students with the tools to learn more about the French institutes of higher education and find what they are looking for.

    The training available from French educational institutes is promoted via several of Campus France's tools and actions:

    • On its website with the « Degrees », « Fields » and « Institutes » files.
    • On the online catalogs listing Bachelor, Master and Doctoral degrees, and programs provided in English in France.
    • During activities organized in France and abroad in collaboration with Campus France offices located abroad.

    Create your account on the Campus France website to obtain your CEF number (account log in number) to complete your Visa application.

    Retour aux questions

  2. 2 - Where can I find information about French Visas?

    The website France Visas is the official visa website for France, where you will find all the information you need in English or French. French Embassies in students’ home countries also provide guidance and information.

    Retour aux questions

  3. 3 - Can I travel with my long stay visa /short stay visa?

    During its period of validity, the long-stay visa is equivalent to a Schengen visa, enabling you to move around and stay in the Schengen Area outside France for periods not exceeding 90 days over any period of 180 consecutive days, under the same conditions as if you held a Schengen visa.

    A short stay Visa allows you to stay in the Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period. Your visa will be valid for a specific period. This period may be shorter than 90 days. You can travel freely between the 26 Schengen countries while your visa is valid.

    Retour aux questions

  4. 4 - What is the required level of French to apply?

    If you want to study in French, the minimum French level required to apply to Paris-Sud University is the European level B2. Click here for more details.

    University Paris-Sud offers French language classes, called “FLE”, for incoming international students. An intensive course is offered at the beginning of the autumn semester in addition to weekly courses held throughout the academic year.

    Retour aux questions

  5. 5 - What is the CAF?

    CAF is the acronym for Caisse d'Allocations Familiales, it is the French Family Benefit Fund and it can provide students with financial support to pay for their rent. You can apply for housing subsidy on the CAF website.

    Retour aux questions

  6. 6 - How do I apply for accommodation?

    To obtain a room you will have to apply for it once your application at the IUT has been accepted, and then the CROUS will send you an offer for accommodation.

    To check in at the residence you will need to have the following documents on the day of your arrival:

    -Copy of your passport

    -Proof of home insurance

    -Guarantor /guarantee statement

    -Signed copy of internal rules

    - Photo ID

    And you will be asked to pay for the first month rent (cash is not accepted)

    Retour aux questions

  7. 7 - What are the visa requirements for international students in France?

    First, contact the French consulate in your home country. To apply for a visa you will need to be registered in a higher education institution (acceptance letter at least) and to have disposible income of at least € 615  (bank statement, scholarship or loan etc.)

    Retour aux questions